Thursday, August 16, 2012

Patiently Praying

Matthew 7:7-8 and Luke 11:9 instruct us,
¶ Ask, and it shall be given you; seek,
and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be
opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and
he that seeketh findeth; and to him that
knocketh it shall be opened.


In Aug. 2007, I had a heatstroke at work, this caused me to have continuing headaches and my left side was weak to where I had to use a cane to stabilize myself. My mind filled with worry and questions like, "What if they can't repair the problems, will I regain the full use of my arm and leg? What if I lose my job because of being off so long?" After months past and the doctor still didn’t clear me to go back to work the fear and doubt started crowding my heart and mind, it left little room for God and His promises. I finally realized that it was the devil trying to take away my peace, because worry is not from God. I always tell my husband “I’m not worrying, I’m just highly concerned.” I prayed, asking the Lord to take away every fear, every hindrance to my fellowship with Him. He granted me peace and assurance that He would be with me, no matter what the outcome.
I have regained my left side use and the headaches are minimal, I did lose my job due to a weight lifting limit, but the Lord has used my accident to "answer a prayer, I prayed earlier when I was working and missing church services and my desire was to get back into full time service for Him." When I prayed this prayer I didn't see how my family could survive without my job, but God saw that we could, we only had to put our faith and trust in Him, and He in His loving way proved this to me.
We need to witness and encouraging others to pray, "asking, seeking, knocking" looking for an answer.
Matthew and Luke both tell us that if we ask, we will receive, if we seek, we will find, and if we knock, the door will be opened. The key is being attuned to God, knowing in our heart that He loves us and choosing to take Him at His word. We can ask, seek, knock, and He will respond.
Matthew 21:21-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Don’t forget to remember our prayers will be answered "in God's time." Remember Peter:

Acts 12:5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

The church was praying for his release but couldn't believe it when he was...
Acts 12:12-16 And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying. And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda. And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate. And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel. But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

Are we praying believing? Are we shocked when he does answer? A friend of ours, Etula, prayed for her brother to get saved. One Sunday He came to church and responded to God's call and got saved. When Etula heard about her brothers salvation, her comment was “NO he didn’t, really, my brother?”
Don’t be alarmed when God answers, just pray believing, but remember sometimes the answer may be NO. Our Heavenly Father sees the whole puzzle of our lives and he knows what is best for us.
What is troubling you right now?
Have you taken it to the Father?
If not, consider doing it right now. He is waiting to hear your voice.

Craft:
"Picture Prayer". If you are not artistic stick figures/drawings/photographs combined with words works just fine. Draw a picture of your problem and determine how you visualize it resolving. As you look at your picture, and talk to the Father, this becomes your prayer. Make a scrap album of your prayers and answers to remind you of His blessings. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the fact that you are adding crafts at the bottom! :)

    Thank you for the reminder that God will take care of us no matter what happens and that His ways are not our ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nishoni for your comment.... i have decided to add a few of my ladies lessons in my posts... i am so glad they helped :)

      Delete