Thursday, August 9, 2012

SAD FAREWELL

One of my most cherished time in my busy life is when I get to travel to visit my precious children and their families. Being in the ministry, you go where God places you, and my home is in the beautiful state of Tennessee. My three children all live in other states, Michigan, South Carolina & North Carolina. To visit our children it takes at least a couple days for travel, rest & visit. So in turn we don't get to visit them very often :( when my children were younger, I would dream of the time that my girls and I would have ladies nights out and my son and I would take lunches together, but praise God, all of our children are serving God where God has placed them. I wouldn't have it any other way, my desire is for my children to be in God's perfect will for their lives.

Pleasantly we just got to visit our daughter in Michigan, we had a great time getting to see the family :) we spent four days, playing, talking, picking on the instruments, singing & plain old visiting. But as all visits go....there is a time to say goodbye, for now. It is a sad farewell.

As we travel on life's journey, we also have sad farewells. These farewells I am speaking about now are parting in death. As all journey's start they must end. "Job 7:6 ... My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle... " time is short, just as it seems we just got to our daughters house for our visit and today 4 days later our visit is over. Life is the same "James 4:14 ... whereas ye know not what shall be on the marrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."  Life is short!

When it comes that time for your sad farewell will your parting be one of bittersweet sorrow, or one of relief. How do you live your life, is it lived fully for CHRIST or is it selfishly lived for SELF, no matter who it hairlips?

We need to remember this sad farewell is but for a moment in a christians life and we all will be judged for how we live it. "Romans 14:12 ... So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."

And lastly, our sad farewell are for but a moment. "2 Corinthians 5:8 ... we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." We will see our loved ones again " 1 Thessalonians 4:17 ... shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

We will meet again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment